Date(s): Nov. 9, 2018 - 7:00 PM
Bill Porter is a scholar and translator of ancient Chinese poetry and he is coming to Miami for several events in November. Following graduate studies at Columbia University he traveled extensively throughout China and East Asia. He is the author of Road to Heaven: Encounters with Chinese Hermits, Zen Baggage, and Finding Them Gone: Visiting China’s Poets of the Past. In 2017 Porter, who uses the pen name Red Pine received an award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters “for having made a significant contribution to the art of literary translation.” Talks sponsored by Miami Meditation Center.
- November 7th, WED – Buddhist and Daoist Hermits of China, public lecture, University of Miami, Coral Gables, 7:30 pm, (free)
- November 8th, THR – Classroom lecture for UM students.
- November 9th, FRI – Visiting China’s Poets of the Past, public lecture
Key Biscayne Beach Club. 7:30 PM ($20)
- November 10th, SAT – Bodhidharma/Lanakavatara lecture, Key Biscayne 10 – 11:30 AM ($20)
- November 10th, SAT – The Heart Sutra, Key Biscayne 1:30 – 3 PM ($20)
- November 11th, SUN – The Diamond Sutra, Key Biscayne 10 – 11:30 AM ($20)
If you have any questions about Bill Porter or other topics please contact us.
Check out our schedule here.